Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Off to Radiation #12

It's Wednesday and I'm feeling ok right at the moment. I was up all night with a very upset stomach. I got a few hours of sleep from about 7am til about 10:30am. Ever since then I have been up writing and working things around on my blogs. I have about an hour before I have to go to radiation. Darrah is taking me today. It's her first time taking me to that. At least it doesn't take long because I am starting to tucker out again. I did go outside and water a tomato plant I bought yesterday. I viewed it as an investment. I spent $10 on a well-established plant that already has a good looking tomato on it and lots more coming. It's a bush variety so I can leave it in a big pot and move it if I have to. And I get to eat tomatoes fresh from it. And it gives me something to care for and watch grow while my cells are being killed. I feel like I need to balance out the energy around me with the plant growth. I also got two hanging baskets with little purple and white flowers that I hung on either side of the porch cover. Now when I sit out on the porch trying to get some outside time in (I try not to rot inside the house), I have those to make it feel like a garden around the door. There are a few other flowers around the door like Iris and wild strawberries, and some other kind of pretty green leafy bushy thing. I always feel better when I am around the earth's energies.

Today is radiation #12. I go in and lay on a table that has a laser beam on the ceiling that they line me up with. Then they adjust my sides. Once all four points are lined up they leave the room. Then the machine that is anchored behind my head starts to move. The aperture moves out above me, it looks like an old school flat bed camera of sorts. It moves around to my back, which is below where I lay and zaps me for 10 seconds. Then the machine moves around to my left side and stops at the tattoo point and zaps me for 10 seconds. Then it moves to the right side, zaps, and then moves to the top and zaps. Then the big lead door opens and people come in again, move the table down and I'm out of there. Most days it's quick like that, and on Thursdays I meet with my doctor, so it takes a lot longer.

Well, off to see the big bad radiation machine for another dose of kill it rays. It will be percocet time shortly after that. It doesn't take long for the pain of being burned in the organs to start after that. But I just keep thinking that it means it's working.

No comments:

Post a Comment